Images are representations only.
Testo 872 - Thermal Imager (320 x 240 pixels, App, Laser)Brand: Testo
The Testo 872 thermal imager gives you the best possible support for your work in professional industrial and building thermography.
Take thermal images quickly, reliably and smartly with the highest image quality, very good thermal sensitivity and innovative functions.
The case supplied with the thermal imager means it can be conveniently transported, so it is always there for you when needed.
The Testo 872 thermal imager is ideally suited for professional industrial and building thermography - at the same time it ensures your work is both quick and easy.
It is versatile to use, for example in industrial and mechanical maintenance or for detecting structural defects.
You can generate error-free and objectively comparable infrared images using its handy functions.
The IFOV warner, Testo ɛ-Assist and Testo ScaleAssist mean you can avoid measurement errors and not only effortlessly achieve optimum setting of emissivity (ɛ) and reflected temperature (RTC) for building thermography, but also of thermal image scale.
The Testo 872 Thermal Imager– Smart and Networked
The Testo 872 thermal imager guarantees wireless communication with mobile terminal devices via WLAN.
The Testo Thermography App for iOS and Android offers you the possibility of writing and sending reports on site, as well as saving them online, and of using your smartphone or tablet as a second display or for remote control.
The Testo 872 delivers even more informative thermal images in combination with the compatible 770-3 clamp meter and Testo 605i thermohygrometer.
Both are available separately – simply order them straight away along with your Testo 872.
The thermal imager wirelessly integrates the measurement results of these measuring instruments via Bluetooth.
The additional output, current and voltage values of the Testo 770-3 clamp meter enable better interpretation of measured temperatures.
Measure the air temperature and humidity with the Testo 605i humidity measuring instrument and easily detect locations at risk of developing mould using the special humidity palette in the thermal imager via the traffic light principle.
Areas of Application of the Testo 872 Thermal Imager
Detect locations at risk of developing mould, pinpoint thermal bridges, discover structural defects or identify overheated connections.
The Testo 872 thermal imager is ideal for applications in daily maintenance and installation work in trade and industry.
Quick, simple and reliable for maintenance and detection of defects.
Technical Highlights of the Testo 872 Thermal Imager
The Testo 872 thermal imager is characterized by its easy handling and its outstanding image quality. Its technical features are impressive:
- Highest image quality thanks to high resolution: 76,800 temperature measuring points for precise thermography. Infrared resolution of 320 x 240 pixels – extendible to 640 x 480 pixels via integrated SuperResolution Technology
- Detecting temperature differences from as little as 0.05°C
- Testo Thermography App to use mobile terminal devices as a second display and for remote control or to write and send reports, along with saving them online
- Wireless communication thanks to Bluetooth – this means you can also wirelessly integrate the readings of the compatible Testo 770-3 clamp meter and Testo 605i thermohygrometer
- Built-in digital camera generates a real image in parallel to the thermal image
- Integrated laser marker – can also be precisely visualized as a measuring point in the thermal image
- Critical temperature conditions are directly displayed via automatic hot-cold spot recognition
- The Testo ScaleAssist automatically ensures optimum setting of the thermal image scale, which means you generate objectively comparable and error-free thermal images, for example of the thermal insulation behaviour of buildings
- The IFOV warner means the distance from the measurement object / measurement spot size is determined and the measurement spot is shown on the thermal image – you therefore avoid measurement errors because the camera shows you exactly what you can measure
- Pro software for image evaluation on the PC
- You can choose to save thermal images as JPEGs
- Highest image quality: IR resolution of 320 x 240 pixels, via integrated Testo SuperResolution Technology 640 x 480 pixels
- Precise measurement: thermal sensitivity of 0.05°C
- Smart and wireless: use your mobile device with the free Testo Thermography App and wirelessly transmit readings from the Testo 770-3 clamp meter and the Testo 605i humidity measuring instrument (both available separately)
- Integrated laser marker – can also be precisely visualized as a measuring point in the thermal image
- Testo 872 thermal imager with radio module for Bluetooth/WLAN, USB cable, mains unit, lithium-ion rechargeable battery, pro software IRSoft (free download), 3 x Testo ε-Markers, commissioning instructions, Short instructions, Calibration Protocol and Case
- Bright / Normal / Dark
- Product/Housing Material: PC - ABS
- Weight: 510 g
- Dimensions: 219 x 96 x 95 mm
- System Requirements: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1
- Air Humidity: 20 to 80 % RH Non-Condensing
- Housing Protection Class: IP54
- Vibration: 2G
- Storage Temperature: -22° F to 140° F / -30° C to 60° C
- Operating Temperature: 5° F to 122° F / -15° C to 50° C
- Battery Type: Fast-Charging, Li-ion Battery can be Changed On-Site
- Operating Time: 4.0 hr
- Mains Operation: Yes
- Charging Options: In Instrument / Charger (Optional)
- File Format Image: .bmt, jpg, export option in .bmp, .jpg, .png, .xls, .csv
- Storage Device: Internal Memory (2.8 GB)
- Full Screen Mode: Included
- Laser: Laser Marker
- JPEG Storage: Included
- Video Streaming: via Wireless LAN with Testo Thermography App
- Standard Lens: 42° x 30°
- Digital Camera: Included
- Interface: USB 2.0 Micro B
- WLAN Connectivity: Communication with the Testo Thermography App wireless module BT/WLAN (EU, EFTA, USA, AUS, CDN, TR)
- Bluetooth: Measurement value transfer from thermohygrometer Testo 605i, Clamp Meter Testo 770-3 (optional) Wireless permit in EU, EFTA, USA, Canada, Australia, Turkey”
- Solar Mode - Manual: Input of Solar Radiation Value
- Analysis Function: Mean point measurement, hot/cold-spot recognition, Delta T, Area Measurement (min-max on area)
- Electrical Mode - Manual: Input of Current, Voltage or Power
- IFOV Warner: Included
- Humidity Mode - Manual: Included
- Testo ScaleAssist: Included
- Humidity Measurement with Humidity Measuring Instrument: Automatic measurement value transfer of thermohygrometer Testo 605i via Bluetooth (instrument must be ordered separately)
- Electrical Measurement with Clamp Meter: Automatic measurement value transfer of clamp meter Testo 770-3 via Bluetooth (instrument must be ordered separately)
- Measuring Range: -30° C to +100° C, 0° C to +650° C
- Accuracy: ± 2° C, ± 2 % of m.v. (greater value applies)
- Emissivity: 0.01 to 1
- Reflected Temperature: Manual
- Testo ε-Assist: Included
- Display Type: 8.9 cm (3.5”) TFT, QVGA (320 x 240 pixels)
- Digital Zoom: 2x, 4x
- Colours: 10 (Iron, Rainbow, Rainbow HC, Cold-hot, Blue-Red, Grey, Inverted Grey, Sepia, Testo, Iron HT)
- Display Option: IR Image / Real Image
Image Output Visual
- Image Size: 5 MP
- Minimum Focus Distance: min. 0.5 m
Infrared Image Output
- Infrared Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Thermal Sensitivity: ˂ 0.05° C (50 mK)
- Field of View: 42° x 30°
- Minimum Focus Distance: < 0.5 m
- Geometric Resolution (IFOV): 2.3 mrad
- SuperResolution (Pixel): 640 x 480 pixels
- SuperResolution (IFOV): 1.3 mrad
- Image Refresh Rate: 9 Hz
- Focus: Fixed Focus
- Spectral Range: 7.5 to 14.0 µm
Standards & Warranty
- EU-/EG-Guidelines: EMC: 2014/30/EU, RED: 2014/53/EU
- Preventive Maintenance
- Ideal for the Early Identification of Imminent Malfunctions or Defects on Plants and Machines: Reliably Record Temperature Increases with a Thermal Imager.
- Fast Detection of Critical Thermal Status (so-Called HotSpots) during Continuing Operation
- Avoid Expensive Damage, Downtimes and Fire Risks on Plants and Machines
- Electrical Maintenance
- Test Switching Cabinets, Electrical Conditions, Photovoltaic Plants
- Evaluate Heat Status in Low, Medium and High Voltage Plants
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Identify Wear on Machines
- Test Motors, Bearings, Shafts
- Detecting Structural Defects and Ensuring Construction Quality
- Detect Potential Building Defects, Prove Quality and the Implementation of Construction Measures without Contact – with the Help of Thermal Images
- Test Air-tightness of Windows and Doors
- Locate Insulation Errors and Cold Bridges in a Building Shell
- Detect and Visualize Mould-Risk Areas
- Professional Energy Consultation
- Analyze Building Shells, Evaluate Energy Efficiency, Identify Energy-Saving Potential with a Thermal Imager from Testo
- Easy Recording and Documentation of Energy Loss from Buildings
- Prove Faulty Insulation and Cold Bridges without Contact, and Visualize them in an Infrared Image
- Localize Untight Spots in New Buildings Quickly and Easily in Combination with Blower Door
- Preventing Mould Formation
- Localize Mould-Risk Areas Quickly and Easily: These Areas are Presented in Red in the Imager Display when the Imager is in Humidity Mode
- Easy Checking of Heating Systems and Installations
- Test Heating and Air Conditioning/Ventilation Systems: Use a Thermal Imager to Identify Irregularities in the Temperature Distribution Quickly and Easily
- Localization of the Course of Heating Loops in Underfloor Heating Systems
- Testo Radiators for Silting
- Measure Flow and Return Temperatures
- Localize Pipe Ruptures
- Reliably Determine Pipe Ruptures with the Help of a Thermal Imager – without Unnecessarily Opening Walls and Floors
- Precise Localization of Leakages in Underfloor Heating and Other Inaccessible Pipe Systems
- Locating Leaks in Flat Roofs
- Detection of Damp in Roofs: Based on Temperature Differences (Such as Occur Mainly in Flat Roofs), Thermal Imagers Show Areas on the Roof with Sealed-in Moisture or Damaged Insulation
- More Reliability in Quality Assurance and Production Monitoring
- A Testo Thermal Imager Supports in Process Control and Product Quality Assurance
- Identify Foreign Bodies in Production Processes and Anomalies in the Heat Distribution of Components Quickly and Without Contact
- Fast and Easy Monitoring of Filling Level in Closed Liquid Tanks
- Safe High-Temperature Measurement
- Measure High Temperatures Safely from a Distance: Some of the Thermal Imager Models from Testo even Measure up to 1200°C with the High-Temperature Option
- Ideal for Use in Industrial Maintenance
- Identify Wear, Insulation Damage and Coking in Furnaces and Smelters
- Thermography of Large Furnaces and Machines on One Thermal Image – e.g. Rotary Kilns in Cement Production
- Instruction Firmware Update (Testo 865, Testo 868, Testo 871, Testo 872, Testo 885, Testo 890, Testo 883) pdf 194 KB
- Instruction Manual IRSoft (For all Testo Thermal Imagers) pdf 1.6 MB
- Instruction Manual Testo 872 (for Devices with Firmware from 1.23x) pdf 1.1 MB
- Instruction Manual Testo 872 (for Devices with Firmware up to 1.14x) pdf 2.1 MB
- Short Manual Testo 865-872 pdf 375 KB