Images are representations only.
MEDACS2400 Signal ConditionerBrand: Status Instruments
The MEDACS intelligent signal conditioner consists of a family of DIN rail modules, each one having a high degree of functionality and configurability via a RS485 MODBUS serial communications interface or through push buttons on the single channel version.
They are suitable for RTD, thermocouple, voltage, current and frequency signals and provide an isolated 4-20 mA re-transmission signal, 2 changeover trip relays or 4 normally open relays or various combinations.
For high density systems, dual channel versions are available or for systems that require more local input, single channel versions with an in-built keypad and digital display are available where functions can be accessed via the front panel keys.
Each unit comes complete with a RS485 serial communications port which enables the devices to be integrated into a complete process control system.
Unit wiring is simplified and speeded up by using the integral 'bus jumper' system provided with each unit which removes the need for complicated and expensive back plane wiring.
- Cold Junction Error: ± 0.5° C (± 0.9° F)
- Cold Junction Tracking: 0.05° C/°C
- Current Input - Base Accuracy: 0.05 % of Full Scale ± 0.05 % of Reading
- Current Re-Transmission Outputs: 0.07 % or 5 µA, whichever is greater
- Frequency Inputs: 0.003 % of Full Scale
- RTD - Basic Accuracy: 0.1° C (0.18° F) ± 0.05 % of Reading
- Thermocouple: ± 0.04 % of Full Scale ± 0.04 % of Reading or ± 0.5° C (0.9° F) whichever is greater
- Voltage Input - Range: 0.04 % of Full Scale ± 0.04 % of Reading
Approvals & Certifications
- EMC Emissions & Immunity: BS EN 61326
- Baud Rate: 19.2, 9.6, 1.2 Kbps
- 25 mA
- Excitation Current: 1 mA
- Programmable (Alarm Must be Continuously Present for This Period in Order to be Recognised)
- -1999 to 9999
- 3-Wire - Slidewire
- Contacts are normally closed i.e. the contact is closed at power off & when operating in an alarm condition. The contact opens in the absence of an alarm condition. The active function can be reversed in software.
- 0.1 Hz to 20 kHz
- 10 to 90 % Relative Humidity
- Programmable (0 to 100 %)
- ± 0.1 V
- ± 1 V
- ± 10 mA
- ± 10 V
- ± 100 mV
- ± 20 mA
- ± 5 V
- 1-5 V
- 4-20 mA
- Current Input: 20 ohms
- Voltage Input: 1 Megaohm
- Breakdown: 1 kV I/P~O / P~PSU
- DIN Rail
- -30° to 60° C (-22° to 140° F)
Operating Temperature - Sensor
- -200° to 850° C (-328° to 1,562° F)
- < 5 milliseconds
- Electrical Life at Full Load: 100,000 Operations
- Mechanical Life: 10,000,000 Operations
- 4-20 mA
- 19 V
- 24 Vdc ± 10 % at 200 mA
- AC - Max.
- DC - Max.
- Relay Outputs - Contact Resistance: < 100 megaohms
- Lead Resistance Effect: 0.002° C/ohms
- 300 milliseconds
Sensor, Probe Connection
Sensor, Probe Type
- B Thermocouple
- E Thermocouple
- J Thermocouple
- K Thermocouple
- L Thermocouple
- N Thermocouple
- R Thermocouple
- S Thermocouple
- T Thermocouple
- Temperature Stability: 5 µA/°C
- -50° to 85° C (-58° to 185° F)
- -1,999° to 9,999° C (-3,566.2° to 5,537.2° F)
- Cold Junction Range: -20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
- Current Input / Voltage Input / Thermocouple - Span: 0.02 %/°C
- RTD - Span: 0.01 %/°C
- RTD - Zero: ± 0.004 ohms/°C
- Thermocouple - Zero: 4 µV/°C