Images are representations only.
Testo 868 - Thermal Imager (160 x 120 pixels, App)Brand: Testo
The Testo 868 thermal imager is characterized by its professional measuring performance and its easy handling.
It has the best thermal image quality in its class, an integrated digital camera and impressive smart functions.
The case supplied with the thermal imager means it can be conveniently transported, so it is always there for you when needed.
With the Testo 868 thermal imager, we have developed a thermal imager which makes work quicker and easier – without foregoing professional thermal imaging technology.
You can generate error-free and objectively comparable infrared images using its handy functions.
The IFOV warner, Testo ɛ-Assist and Testo ScaleAssist mean you can avoid measurement errors and not only effortlessly achieve optimum setting of emissivity (ɛ) and reflected temperature (RTC) for building thermography, but also of colour scale.
The Testo 868 Thermal Imager– Smart and Networked
The Testo 868 thermal imager guarantees wireless communication with your mobile terminal device via WLAN.
With the Testo Thermography App for iOS and Android you can write and send reports directly on site, as well as saving them online, and you can use your smartphone or tablet as a second display or for remote control.
Areas of Application of the Testo 868 Thermal Imager
Detect leaks, identify overheated connections, pinpoint thermal bridges or detect structural defects.
The Testo 868 thermal imager was developed for applications in daily maintenance and installation work in trade and industry.
It enables quick and reliable work when you are detecting defects and carrying out maintenance.
Technical Highlights of the Testo 868 Thermal Imager
Really simple operation with impressive thermal imaging technology: the Testo 868 thermal imager has the following impressive features:
- Very good image quality due to high resolution: 19,200 temperature measuring points for precise thermography. Infrared resolution of 160 x 120 pixels – extended to 320 x 240 pixels via integrated SuperResolution Technology
- Visualizing temperature differences of 0.08°C
- The Testo Thermography App enables you to write reports on site, save them online and send them by e-mail, as well as allowing you to use mobile terminal devices as a second display or for remote control
- Built-in digital camera generates a real image in parallel to the thermal image
- Automatic hot-cold spot recognition directly displays critical temperature conditions
- The Testo ScaleAssist automatically ensures optimum setting of the thermal image scale, which means you generate objectively comparable and error-free thermal images, for example of the thermal insulation behaviour of buildings
- The IFOV warner means the distance from the measurement object / measurement spot size is determined and the measurement spot is shown on the thermal image – you therefore avoid measurement errors because the camera shows you exactly what you can measure
- Pro software for image evaluation on the PC
- You can choose to save thermal images as JPEGs
- Very good image quality: IR resolution of 160 x 120 pixels, via integrated Testo SuperResolution Technology 320 x 240 pixels
- Large temperature measuring range from -30°C to +650°C
- Smart and networked: the free Testo Thermography App enables you to write and send reports on site, as well as saving them online, and lots more.
- Integrated digital camera
- Testo 868 thermal imager with radio module for WLAN, USB cable, mains unit, lithium-ion rechargeable battery, pro software IRSoft (free download), 3 x testo ε-Markers, commissioning instructions, short instructions, calibration protocol and case
- Bright / Normal / Dark
- Product/Housing Material: PC - ABS
- Weight: 510 g
- Dimensions: 219 x 96 x 95 mm
- System Requirements: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1
- Air Humidity: 20 to 80 % RH Non-Condensing
- Housing Protection Class: IP54
- Vibration: 2G
- Storage Temperature: -22° F to 140° F / -30° C to 60° C
- Operating Temperature: 5° F to 122° F / -15° C to 50° C
- Battery Type: Fast-Charging, Li-ion Battery can be Changed On-Site
- Operating Time: 4.0 hr
- Mains Operation: Yes
- File Format Image: .bmt, export option in .bmp, .jpg, .png, .xls, .csv
- Storage Device: Internal Memory (2.8 GB)
- Full Screen Mode: Included
- Digital Camera: Included
- WLAN Connectivity: Communication with the Testo Thermography App wireless module WLAN (EU, EFTA, USA, AUS, CDN, TR)
- JPEG Storage: Included
- Video Streaming: via Wireless LAN with Testo Thermography App
- Standard Lens: 31° x 23°
- Interface: USB 2.0 Micro B
- Analysis Function: Mean point measurement, hot/cold-spot recognition, Delta T
- IFOV Warner: Included
- Testo ScaleAssist: Included
- Measuring Range: -30° C to +100° C, 0° C to +650° C
- Testo ε-Assist: Included
- Accuracy: ± 2° C, ± 2 % of m.v. (greater value applies)
- Emissivity: 0.01 to 1
- Reflected Temperature: Manual
- Display Type: 8.9 cm (3.5”) TFT, QVGA (320 x 240 pixels)
- Display Option: IR Image / Real Image
- Colours: 4 (Iron, Rainbow, Cold-hot, Grey)
Image Output Visual
- Image Size: 5 MP
- Minimum Focus Distance: min. 0.5 m
Infrared Image Output
- Infrared Resolution: 160 x 120 pixels
- Thermal Sensitivity: ˂ 0.08° C (80 mK)
- Field of View: 31° x 23°
- Minimum Focus Distance: < 0.5 m
- Geometric Resolution (IFOV): 3.4 mrad
- SuperResolution (Pixel): 320 x 240 pixels
- SuperResolution (IFOV): 2.1 mrad
- Image Refresh Rate: 9 Hz
- Focus: Fixed Focus
- Spectral Range: 7.5 to 14.0 µm
Standards & Warranty
- EU-/EG-Guidelines: EMC: 2014/30/EU, RED: 2014/53/EU
- Preventive Maintenance
- Ideal for the Early Identification of Imminent Malfunctions or Defects on Plants and Machines: Reliably Record Temperature Increases with a Thermal Imager.
- Fast Detection of Critical Thermal Status (so-Called HotSpots) during Continuing Operation
- Avoid Expensive Damage, Downtimes and Fire Risks on Plants and Machines
- Electrical Maintenance
- Test Switching Cabinets, Electrical Conditions, Photovoltaic Plants
- Evaluate Heat Status in Low, Medium and High Voltage Plants
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Identify Wear on Machines
- Test Motors, Bearings, Shafts
- Detecting Structural Defects and Ensuring Construction Quality
- Detect Potential Building Defects, Prove Quality and the Implementation of Construction Measures without Contact – with the Help of Thermal Images
- Test Air-tightness of Windows and Doors
- Locate Insulation Errors and Cold Bridges in a Building Shell
- Detect and Visualize Mould-Risk Areas
- Easy Checking of Heating Systems and Installations
- Test Heating and Air Conditioning/Ventilation Systems: Use a Thermal Imager to Identify Irregularities in the Temperature Distribution Quickly and Easily
- Localization of the Course of Heating Loops in Underfloor Heating Systems
- Testo Radiators for Silting
- Measure Flow and Return Temperatures
- Localize Pipe Ruptures
- Reliably Determine Pipe Ruptures with the Help of a Thermal Imager – without Unnecessarily Opening Walls and Floors
- Precise Localization of Leakages in Underfloor Heating and Other Inaccessible Pipe Systems
- Locating Leaks in Flat Roofs
- Detection of Damp in Roofs: Based on Temperature Differences (Such as Occur Mainly in Flat Roofs), Thermal Imagers Show Areas on the Roof with Sealed-in Moisture or Damaged Insulation
- Instruction Firmware Update (Testo 865, Testo 868, Testo 871, Testo 872, Testo 885, Testo 890, Testo 883) pdf 194 KB
- Instruction Manual IRSoft (for all Testo thermal Imagers) pdf 1.6 MB
- Instruction Manual Testo 868 (for Devices with Firmware from 1.23x) pdf 995 KB
- Instruction Manual Testo 868 (for Devices with Firmware up to 1.14x) pdf 2.4 MB
- Short Manual Testo 865-872 pdf 375 KB