Images are representations only.
PDA1232 ProVu RS-232 Serial AdapterBrand: Precision Digital Corporation
The PDA1232 converts the serial output of the ProVu meter to an unbalanced, full-duplex RS-232 signal.
The RS-232 port has a female DB9 connector with pins 2: RX output, 3: TX input, and 5: Signal Ground. Pins 7: RTS and 8: CTS are tied together, and pins 1: CD, 4: DTR, and 6: DSR are tied together.
The adapter is powered by the ProVu meter M-Link connection.
The PDA1232 has three diagnostic LEDs: a Power: P LED to show when the adapter is powered properly, a Transmit Data: TX LED to show when the adapter is sending data out from the PC side, and a Receive Data: RX LED to show when the adapter is receiving data from the ProVu meter.
- 3' (0.9 m) Standard modular cable provided with PDA1232 and PDA1485. Also sold separately
- 6’ (1.8 m) Standard Cat5e cable provided with Adapter
- PC compatible 9-Pin D subminiature Connector (DB9) and RJ11 (Adapter to meter)
- Adapter to ProVu meter: 6’ (1.8 m) max, Adapter to computer: 50’ (15 m) max, Serial interface cable not provided
- Powered by ProVu Meter M-Link Connection
- Separate LEDs for Power (P)
- Transmit (TX)
- Receive (RX)